The following is what I used to setup my iPhone 3GS to enable speakout data access.
- Obtain the iPhone Configuration Utility from Apple, via their website. It's a free download. A windows and Mac OS/X version exists.
- Start the application.
- Click on "Configuration Profiles" in the left column.
- Click the "New" button in the top left corner.
- Under the "General" section fill in the "Name" and "Identifier" fields with whatever you like, I used:
Name: "Speakout Wireless"
- In the "Advanced" section, enter the following:
User Name: "wapuser1"
Proxy Server: "10.128.1.69"
- Then attach your iPhone to the computer, it will show up in the left column under Devices. When you see it, click on it to select it.
- In the right screen, click the "Configuration Profiles" tab. You should see the "Speakout Wireless" configuration you just created.
- Click the "Install" button next to it.
Screen shots of the process: